Fans of the original SNES clay animation fighting game called ClayFighter will be getting a revamped and remastered version for the current generation consoles.
Image source: polygon.com
Interplay has resurrected the iconic game and it will be inbound for PC in 2016. They are currently working with Drip Drop Games, tweaking the gameplay with new mechanics such as double jumping, counters, reversals, and air dashing.
Here are some of the gritty features of the remastered game:
· Characters such as Bad Mr. Frosty, Blue Suede Goo, Earthworm Jim, Hoppy, Boogerman, Tiny and more with over 20 characters total.
· Over 20 familiar environments from the series.
· Brand-new gameplay introducing new mechanics such as double jumping, air dashing, counters, and reversals.
· Unique supers and ‘Claytality’ moves for each character.
· The game will feature remastered audio and high-resolution visuals providing the ultimate clay-based gaming experience.
The original ClayFighter game was released in 1993 for Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Genesis, and Nintendo 64. It was also planned to be launched for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS in 2009 but it never continued.